Call for papers - Themes in Science and Technology Education
- 0 Kommentare
- 1590 Aufrufe
Themes in Science and Technology Education will devote a special issue to research perspectives and innovative approaches about “Investigating the Educational Web 2.0”.
Special Issue: “Investigating the Educational Web 2.0”
Call for Papers
Themes in Science and Technology Education will devote a special issue to research perspectives and innovative approaches about the Educational Web 2.0.
In recent years, Web 2.0 applications such as blogs, wikis, social networking, podcasting, media sharing etc., have received intense and growing educational and research interest. The aim of this special issue is to provide a set of high-quality scientific papers that present original empirical research, pedagogical innovations validated by research, research reviews, theoretical perspectives or practical applications. Authors are invited to submit original papers on research results or novel applications of Web 2.0 in teaching and learning. The orientation of the papers is towards studies that take into account recent theoretical advances, empirical findings and technological developments. It is envisioned that high quality research-based products and procedures are required for advancing the application of emerging Web 2.0 technologies in education.
Themes within the scope of this special issue include but are not limited to:
- Web 2.0 technologies in primary and secondary education
- Web 2.0 technologies in higher and tertiary education
- Web 2.0 and lifelong Learning
- Pedagogy 2.0 and Web 2.0 based learning
- Educational Web 2.0 and teachers’ preparation
- Social Networks for learning and knowledge sharing
- Web 2.0 and Learning Design
- Web-based collaborative learning
- Virtual Learning Environments
- E-Content - Development and Delivery
- Online course design and development
- Design and development of web-based learning environments
- Web 2.0-based learning and assessment
- Ubiquitous and mobile learning
- Socio-cultural issues and Web 2.0 learning
Expression of interest: September 15, 2012
Submission deadline: October 15, 2012
Author's Notification: November 15, 2012
Final Camera-Ready Submission: December 15, 2012
All papers should be submitted online.
Manuscripts for this special issue should follow authors’ guidelines. See
For any information regarding this special issue, please contact
Dr Athanassios Jimoyiannis email@example.com