Öffentliches Profil Erik Duval
My research focuses on management of and access to structured and unstructured data. In practical terms, we research repositories, federated search, harvesting, content management, but also more end user oriented aspects like information visualization, mobile information devices, multi-touch displays and mash-ups. We typically apply our results to technology enhanced learning, access to music and 'research2.0'. My current obsession is massive hyper-personalization ("The Snowflake Effect") - a topic on which I regularly keynote. If you want more details, then please have a look at the pages of my research unit, my publications, my presentations, my facebook page and my blog.
This academic year (2008-2009), I teach courses on:
- Human-Computer Interaction (course wikis for one, two and three years ago),
- Multimedia (last year),
- problem solving and design in the 1st, 2nd (last year) and 3rd bachelor of engineering,
- capita selecta of computer science (last year).
I serve as:
- President of the ARIADNE Foundation,
- chair of the IEEE LTSC working group on Learning Object Metadata,
- a fellow of the AACE,
- a member of ACM, and the IEEE computer society.
- on the Editorial Review Board and the Executive Advisory Board of the International Journal on E-Learning,
- on the Steering Committee and Editorial Board of the IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT).