Autonomous “Personal Learning Networks” for Language Teachers
- 0 comments
- 11878 Visits
Designed to help language educators build their own professional learning networks online to improve their language teaching.
The Autonomous “Personal Learning Networks” for Language Teachers (aPLaNet) project is a European Union education project that will help language educators who are not yet using social networks, to understand:
- What are social networks for language educators?
- Why they should use them?
- How they can get involved and still keep your privacy?
The project will help you join and use Internet Personal Learning Network (PLN) on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Nings etc. (SNs).
The project will build a set of resources that will answer the three questions. These answers will be in the form of:
- Technical and teacher guides and videos
- Resource templates, workshops, training, diaries
- A mentoring system, provided by existing expert users who are language educators just like yourself, that will offer one-on-one help to educators that want to build their own PLN.
The system will be extensively piloted through volunteer educators and Associate partners, 140 institutions from 33 countries.
Resources will be available in Bulgarian, Czech, Greek, Spanish, English, Romanian, Turkish, German, French, Italian.
Joining the project
Educators can join the project, right now.
Extracted from aPlaNet