The main objective of the project is to create and consolidate a network for analysing and exchanging successful, tried and tested experiences of using Web-based distance learning, particularly in higher education institutions.
Unsuccessful experiences will also be analysed to discover why they failed.
The aim of this project is to increase the knowledge and know-how of the organisations and people who participate in Internet-based distance education, with the demonstration and analysis of good practices and providing examples.
The Project’s partners, foundations and units providing technological and educational resources attached to various universities, have the potential for working with teachers, university policy decision-makers and learners to promote a better understanding of Internet-based ODL in institutions of higher education.
- To improve the quality of on-line teaching by taking advantage of new educational and methodological approaches.
- To keep the university community informed of technological developments that are taking place on the Internet that will have important repercussions in the field of education.
- To make contact with the all the human resources involved in distance learning (producers, teachers, users, technologists) in order to promote learning and mutual feedback.
- To exploit the positive experiences of other organisations for the benefit of the rest of the educational community involved in distance education.
- To make recommendations to political decision-makers and those responsible for implementing policies of this kind on the action that should be taken to promote and encourage investment in this field.
- Identification of contrasted/verified ODL experiences through (good practice cases) in the regions/ countries of each project partner. Each partner will identify 3 to 5 experiences in its region/country.
- Creation of work groups in areas of particular relevance and problematic in the process of ODL through Internet (Distance tutoring, Contents development, Learning evaluation, Training recognition, New applications of technology in education, Management).
- Setting up of analysis criteria for information in each of the selected areas according to the identified experiences.
- Production of a questionnaire to collect information about the experiences.
- Information collection through interviews and workshops about the identified experiences at regional/ national level.
- Production of a conclusions' handbook in each area, within which will be included the analysed experiences, problems, solutions provided and recommendations.
- Elaboration of general documents gathering conclusions and recommendations.
- Seminars and dissemination actions of the project results.
All along the project various meetings among the partners will be carried out to analyse the activities undertaken and evaluate actions carried out.
- Network of experiences in terms of ODL through Internet.
- 6 reports on conclusions from each one of the area:
-New applications of technology in education
- Final report of recommendations and conclusions.
- Dissemination seminars and experience and results presentation in each one of the area.