Public profile Giovanni Torrisi
Giovanni Torrisi is Professor of IT at the University of Milan “Luigi Bocconi” and at the University of Urbino, where he also teaches a course of legal sociology in a multicultural society and he is member of the Institute of Sociology. He received a MA on legal sociology at the University of Bilbao in 1997, a LL.M on European Law at the European Academy of Legal Theory (Bruxelles) in 2000, and a Ph.D on legal sociology at the University of Milan in 2003. During the period from 1997 to 2007, while researching in communication science, he has constantly worked as IT consultant and project coordinator for the University of Urbino. In particular he has been deeply involved in the implementation of Eurex online seminar (Minerva ODL project), participated recently in Research and Training Network Urban Europe (DG research), recently he has been the coordinator of another online tech programme called E-urbs. During the last years of activities, he has joined its interest in socio-legal issues with its expertise on IT, developing a action/research stream on e-participation and democracy with the Marche region.
He has also a long experience in coordinating online University courses that uses new technologies for the teaching.
- Identità politica ed immigrazione nell’Europa contemporanea, Università degli Studi di Urbino, Facoltà di sociologia, Urbino, 1997.
- A New Idea of Europe, Immigration policies, nationalisms and racism in Europe, International Institute for the Sociology of Law, Onati, 1998.
- From Sovereignty to Competence: a pluralistic view of the European Legal (dis)Order, European Academy of Legal Theory, Bruxelles, 1999.Identità e differenze nella cittadinanza europea, Research promoted by “Connect program” of the EU. Done within the framework of “Immaginare l'Europa” -a Network of Institutes, Libraries and Research Centers, Roma, 2001.
- Stereotipi giuridico-narrativi dell’immigrazione in Europa, In: CD – E. Book “Medi@terraneo”, “Immaginare l’Europa”, Roma, 2001.
- La promozione giuridica, in “La partecipazione dei bambini e degli adolescenti, idee e metodi della promozione”, edited by Claudio Baraldi, Guido Maggioni, M. Paola Mittica, Donzelli, Roma, 2003.
- Promozione normativa e promozione sociale, in “I diritti di cittadinanza dei minori tra partecipazione e controllo”, edited by Claudio Baraldi, Guido Maggioni, Fabrizio Pappalardo, La Goliardica, 2003.
- Legal Pluralism in Europe, in Studi Urbinati, Urbino, 2004.
- Con Federico Savini, “Partecipazione politica e p2p: verso una definizione critica di e-democracy” in Cittadinanza e democrazia digitale, Milano, Aica, 2007.