- 0 comentarios
- 1513 Visitas
The Metafora R&D project will result in the creation of a Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) system to enable 12 to 16-years-old students to learn science and mathematics in an effective and enjoyable way.
Metafora project proposes to explore the potential of social learning for science and mathematics (S&M) by providing a visual language to support online groups in designing their own learning together. To gain deep knowledge of any specific domain learners need to integrate learning experiences with shared reflection through dialogue, in a way that builds conceptual understanding cumulatively.
To this end, the objectives of the project are:
- to further our understanding of meta-learning within collaborative communities engaged in S&M learning;
- to design a visual language to support students’ reflection on their individual and collaborative learning;
- to implement a platform integrating state-of-the-art argumentation tools with exploratory environments;
- to develop an adaptive diagnostic system utilizing AI techniques to support students and teachers during the collaboration and learning to learn process;
- to develop appropriate pedagogies to inform the design of the technical system; and
- to design new forms of assessment of the individual and collaborating learning exploiting the diagnostic system.
For more background information about the tools and pedagogy, click here.