Futurium is the online platform used by the Digital Futures project to facilitate a broad reflection on future European policies. It combines the informal character of social networks with the methodological approach of foresights to engage stakeholders in the co-creation of futures and policy ideas that matter to them.
Debates on Education is a forum organised by the Jaume Bofill Foundation and the UOC, with the collaboration of MACBA, with the aim of encouraging debate on current affairs and background events that we believe to be key to the challenges and problems that have to be faced in education in terms of the social, political and economic context in which we live.
This debate is organised in collaboration with the Catalan School Board as part of its conference on The Impact and Contribution of Digital Technologies in Education.
Hacia una cultura de la apertura: concienciando y posibilitando políticas en la Educación Superior en América Latina
En este artículo, se analiza el estado del movimiento de la OA e iniciativas REA a poco mas de diez años de su comienzo. Se revisan algunos ejemplos de proyectos que marcan una "nueva generación" del acceso abierto. Se identifica la falta de concientización y promoción del tema como el gran desafío que impide a América Latina involucrarse más en el movimiento. Finalmente, se identifica la necesidad de un liderazgo más activo de las partes interesadas y la necesidad de implementar políticas de apoyo a la sostenibilidad del OA y de los REA en esta región.
Article originally published in English at UNESCO-IESALC´s journal: Higher Education and Society, Vol 16, No 2 (2011).
In this article, we analyze the state of the OA movement and OER initiatives ten years from their beginning. We review some examples that mark out a “next generation” of the open access. We address the lack of awareness as the major challenge impeding Latin America to get more involved in the movement. Finally, we identify the need for more active leadership from stakeholders and the need for implementing policies to support the sustainability of the OA and OER in this region.
Articulo publicado en inglés en la revista Educación Superior y Sociedad, Vol 16, No 2 (2011).
The goal of the IITE-2012 International Conference is to provide a floor for deliberations on strategies, policies and best practices of ICT application in education, as well as on development and implementation of innovative teaching and learning methodologies for achieving EFA goals in the Member States.
The conference will become the platform for constructive dialogue on recent trends and innovative approaches in efficient use of ICT in education among policy-makers, academic community, representatives of the private sector and potential donors.
Policy-makers from the Ministries of Education, representatives of universities, practitioners from academic institutions and teacher training centres, as well as experts, educators and innovators in the field of ICT in education, coordinators of UNESCO networks, representatives of NGOs, IGOs, and private IT companies are invited to take part in the Conference.
Main objectives of the Conference are as follows:
- To overview governmental policies on ICT integration in education at local and international levels;
- To discuss and analyze best practices of the implementation of strategies, programmes and methods of ICT use in education;
- To exchange opinions on the impact of ICT on education, including ICT-enhanced teaching and learning, as well as teacher professional development with the help of information resources and technologies;
- To study major trends in open, distance and online learning on a regional scale and worldwide;
- To discover the opportunities and implications provided by Open Educational Resources (OER);
- To identify the potential and examine the existing practices in ICT application in inclusive education and gender equality issues.
Official languages of the Conference are Russian and English.
From a critical perspective, and through the exchange of different views, practices and themes, the aim of the conference is to expand knowledge about:
- New cultural and educational contexts derived from the development of digital technologies in a globalised world.
- The incorporation of ICT in teaching and learning processes.
- Methodological changes associated with the use of ICT and their impact in education practices.
- The role of educational policy in the promotion of educational innovation and improvement.
- The training of different agents in the education sector.
Participants' main task will consist of exploring and developing the issues that emerge during the conference. Participants will be able to make critical judgments about the value of ICT development and its use in teaching and learning, its impact on participation in contemporary society, and its role in shaping the future.</p>
The conferences will accept submissions from research projects, experiences and proposals, that have been carried out from a critical perspective, on the following themes:
- Digital society's changes and challenges, and their implications for education.
- Learning and knowledge construction in a digital and mediatised society.
- Innovative uses of ICTs in teaching and learning processes, from early childhood to higher education and continuing education.
- New literacies in educational processes.
- Professional development for educational professionals, both initial and permanent.
- Creation and use of digital content.
The deadline for submissions is 30 September, 2011