Web to Where
- 0 Kommentarer
- 1968 Antal besök
Students collaborate together using a Ning online social media environment to share day to day and cultural information. Although the teachers moderate the Ning, students work together in groups to share their informaion in a relaxed and flexible environment where Web 2.0 can easily integrated.
This is a global classroom project where students between the ages of 13 and 15 years old will connect together to discuss simple cultural elements of life such as:
Project ideas that have worked well globally include:
What type of clothing are you wearing today? What does your school uniform look like? What is the latest fashon? Do you follow the fashons? What do clothes tell you about a person? Can we tell the season by the clothes we wear?
Share what a typical dinner is like for your family. Share some of your favorite recipes.
3. School Days
What does a typical day at school look like for you?
Students will share what their hobbies are and what they do in their free time.
What type of games do students like to play? (sports, electronic, board, etc.)
Students will share Interesting facts about their area.
What celebrations and traditions do you participate in with your family or community?
If we were to come visit, where would you take us?
9. 'How do I spend my time' - a project where students keep a record of their what they do in their time for one week, produce a spreadsheet with graphs and develop a poll daddy survey from their results. They then publish their findings using a variety of Web 2.0 tools.
10. 'Let me help you'- a project where students produce resources that help others learn specific topics of their choice.
- Each school will arrange their students into groups of 3 to 5 students.
- Each student group will allocate a student manager or leader who will either make a discussion forum in the StudentGroups area at http://webtowhere.ning.com/group/studentgroups or select one that already exists to join (each group may have more than one student manager).
In each group discussion forum:
- Members of each group will introduce themselves and describe their theme eg their closet.
- Once in a group students should remain in that group but they may also join more than one group.
- Group members should upload pictures of what they are wearing (from the neck down or blur out any faces.
- Group members upload pictures of their closet.
NOTE: No identifiable pictures, no faces of people and no personal information may be published on this Ning.